Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum (https://www.a-classforum.com/forum/)
-   Engines and Technical Discussion (https://www.a-classforum.com/forum/202-engines-technical-discussion/)
-   -   HELP - SRS MALFUNCTION LESS THAN 12k/kms!! (https://www.a-classforum.com/forum/202-engines-technical-discussion/976-help-srs-malfunction-less-than-12k-kms.html)

Jai K. 05-15-2019 11:34 AM

HELP - SRS MALFUNCTION LESS THAN 12k/kms!!

Hello and this is my first post. Iím in Canada and have the hatchback. The car has barely 12k/kms on it and I have already experienced some technical issues. At the moment Iím sitting at the Mercedes dealership having to bring in my vehicle the 2nd time 2 days after I just got it back for an SRS Malfunction light/warning.

Due to the car being so new to North America I cannot find anything online regarding this issue.

I suggest we start a sticky forum to document how many of us A - Class owners experience this!

They have to keep the car for an extended period to diagnose and come up with a solution.

Thanks

Rick.P 05-24-2019 01:53 PM

I would first suggest you try another Mercedes dealership and if that doesn't work start reaching out to Mercedes corporate.

vant 06-13-2019 01:01 PM

I'm in the US and I also had an SRS warning occur. The dealer was not able to fix on the first appointment. They cleared the code but it reappeared.

They are ordering a replacement seatbelt to attempt to fix the issue on the next appointment.

Rick.P 06-15-2019 07:19 PM

@vant thanks for your feedback.
I realized in some cases with new cars dealers, no matter which you try, aren't able to diagnose issues right away. Its part of the growing pains of new car buying. Patience while waiting for fixes from corporate is critical.

amgpwr 06-16-2019 07:16 PM

@vant any luck in getting that issue resolved by now? I can't imagine it going on any longer with the volume these are selling at!

vant 06-24-2019 02:07 PM

Car is still at the dealer awaiting for parts to fix. The original part that we were waiting for was not correct.

Rick.P 06-27-2019 12:59 PM

Hopefully it goes by smoothly because from dealing with similar issues in the past I know it can become very drawn out and frustrating. Keep us posted!

vant 07-08-2019 02:01 PM

Issue was fixed after spending about 2-3 weeks in the shop. The replacement seat belt ended up being the solution. SRS warning code has not re-appeared after a few days of driving.

Harry Beasor Jr 07-26-2019 02:47 PM

I am also having an SRS Malfunction warning occurrence. I took it into the shop two weeks ago. They couldn't find any problems and cleared the code. Two weeks later the malfuntion reappeared. As of right now they are waiting on parts from Germany which could take three weeks. I'm hoping this corrects the problem and I'll be trouble free from now on. Time will tell.

amgpwr 07-28-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Beasor Jr (Post 7210)
I am also having an SRS Malfunction warning occurrence. I took it into the shop two weeks ago. They couldn't find any problems and cleared the code. Two weeks later the malfuntion reappeared. As of right now they are waiting on parts from Germany which could take three weeks. I'm hoping this corrects the problem and I'll be trouble free from now on. Time will tell.

Welcome.

Mercedes is usually great with handling issues. The only drawbacks are with completely new models like this and buying them early on. With it comes a longer waiting time.

Do keep us posted.