Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum (https://www.a-classforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes A-Class Sedan General Discussion (https://www.a-classforum.com/forum/90-mercedes-class-sedan-general-discussion/)
-   -   Concept EQ A (https://www.a-classforum.com/forum/90-mercedes-class-sedan-general-discussion/820-concept-eq.html)

bavarianbob 09-08-2017 12:09 PM

Concept EQ A
 
Concept "EQ A" is the latest concept to come from Mercedes and already we can see some A-Class design cues which is probably why they threw in the "A"? One major difference going on here is the fact it will ride on a new dedicated Electric Vehicle platform.

What could this share with our A-Class Sedan? Already I see the same predator face, but what else?

More about the EQ A here: http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...hicles/eq.html


https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims3/GL.../17C639_08.jpg

Rick.P 09-10-2017 03:32 AM

This concept compared to our concept seems very similar, almost like the EQ A is supposed to be the hatch version of the A-Class sedan. Being on a different platform shouldn't do much for its proportions compared to what we will be getting. That "A" naming has something to do with it. Hopefully when this reveals the sedan will be sitting near by for comparison.

bavarianbob 09-27-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick.P (Post 6268)
This concept compared to our concept seems very similar, almost like the EQ A is supposed to be the hatch version of the A-Class sedan. Being on a different platform shouldn't do much for its proportions compared to what we will be getting. That "A" naming has something to do with it. Hopefully when this reveals the sedan will be sitting near by for comparison.

I bet it does, the best thing will be for both the hatch and sedan looking no different head on but as you get toward the rear then it becomes very obvious what you're looking at. This makes it easy for them and for us. MB has operated like this for years.

Rick.P 10-08-2017 11:52 PM

took what you said and while I was out yesterday I noticed how much the GLA looks like other MB models from the front but as soon as you turn the side and close to the rear that's where it becomes very clear this is no regular Mercedes.

APlus 10-15-2017 02:48 AM

Those headlights stands out to me, quite similar if you look at the general shape, slant and size. Though I wouldn't mind seeing those wheels on the a-class as an additional option.

Rick.P 10-23-2017 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APlus (Post 6338)
Those headlights stands out to me, quite similar if you look at the general shape, slant and size. Though I wouldn't mind seeing those wheels on the a-class as an additional option.

Just don't be disappointed when they don't come in a size as aggressive as that but to be honest there are so many wheels from other MB models to pull from that this won't matter. Depending on what wheel options we get I might ask my dealer to swap for something else.

APlus 11-04-2017 04:22 PM

There are so many heels t my local BMW dealership, it's not a problem to change them out if needed and I'm not expecting those headlights in the A-Class, actually reminds me of the new Acura NSX lights. BMW won't want to overlap with them.

Robert P. 11-06-2017 01:17 PM

I would love to see a smaller model of the EQ SUV and this A model looks like it. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that these headlights won't appear in the production model, even though they look sooo good.

APlus 11-07-2017 11:47 AM

Drive Mag created a rendering of the A-Class but the headlights doesn't do the front facia many favors. Perhaps it's the angling, but the lights don't really align with the pinched metal hood lines.

https://cdn.drivemag.net/media/defau...ult-large.jpeg

Rick.P 11-09-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APlus (Post 6386)
Drive Mag created a rendering of the A-Class but the headlights doesn't do the front facia many favors. Perhaps it's the angling, but the lights don't really align with the pinched metal hood lines.

https://cdn.drivemag.net/media/defau...ult-large.jpeg

the main problem with that rendering is the fact that the person who made it can't grasp how MB's design should be done or they just don't have the skills to flow with the brands current design. But it wasn't that hard with all the examples we have of the concept. Part of this is your poor choice of rendering to post.

This one by X-Tomi is much better:

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...d-117107_1.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.