The Mercedes A-Class Super Bowl 2019 Spot featuring Ludacris - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

The Mercedes A-Class Super Bowl 2019 Spot featuring Ludacris

Just wanted to let everyone know that this years Super Bowl will feature an A-Class ad, airing on February 3. Being a mass market vehicle to target younger demographics its easy to see why Mercedes is going after the big game. After all it starts at $33,495, a price most young professionals can fit into their budget. As for the theme, Ludacris (the famous rapper) will be part of it and that's all we'll get to know for now. What do you guys think the super bowl spot theme should be based around to make it memorable?

Luda already started spilling the word with a Superbowl ticket giveaway (click the play button)...

Last edited by Rick.P; 01-18-2019 at 01:27 PM.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:33 AM

I don't think the Superbowl is pulling in the same views that it used to but I'm looking forward to the new TV spot. Think maybe we will get a look at the production AMG45 variant?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
I don't think the Superbowl is pulling in the same views that it used to but I'm looking forward to the new TV spot. Think maybe we will get a look at the production AMG45 variant?
I think its and old practice that will die hard. What works better is using influencers on social media and youtube.

They'll be targeting smaller demographics but its cheaper and likely to bring in more sales.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:00 PM

Social media does seem like a better avenue for MB to explore, since they are trying to market the A-Class to a younger demographic. Would be nice to see the sedan and hatchback models side by side.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Social media does seem like a better avenue for MB to explore, since they are trying to market the A-Class to a younger demographic. Would be nice to see the sedan and hatchback models side by side.
In the past I've seen brands like Honda attend concerts with vehicles on display and even become one of the sponsors, Mercedes should use a similar approach.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

As a follow up to this thread, for anyone that missed the commercial here it is. A cool way to demo the new voice command system. I can only imagine what will happen next time around when gesture controls become common, opening the door to a whole range of possible super bowl commercial theme's:

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 10:45 AM

The AI system in the A-Class is really impressive and I appreciate the fact that you no longer have to follow given command prompts. Systems like this can hopefully make a huge improvement in the amount of distracted driving that we see on a daily basis.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page