First look at the AMG A35 - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

First look at the AMG A35

Mercedes has finally lifted the covers off of their new entry level AMG, and I have to say that it really upped it's game over their current compacts. Early estimations are putting its power output around 300hp, with a 400hp version expected to join later. The current powertrain will allow it to do 0-60 in just 4.7 seconds, so it's still plenty fast. There are also some improvements to the cabin over the standard model including AMG sports seats, a leather and microfiber AMG steering wheel and metallic paddle shifters.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 10:28 AM

This is a great looking hatchback, and I think there are going to be plenty of people who are displeased with its restricted availability. Interested to see how this car fares against the likes of the FK8 and Golf R.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 01:34 PM

I was concerned that we wouldn't get the dual screen setup and not at the size we're seeing it here. Glad to see Mercedes made it possible because there's just no way they can dominate this compact luxury segment without putting strong emphasis on technology.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 11:17 AM

The A-Class looks great as a hatchback and I expect that its going to sell very well in the regions where its offered. I personally would wait on the A45 though, because even the Type R has more power than this model.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page