A-Class Hybrid Range Spied - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

A-Class Hybrid Range Spied

CarScoops has s spy shot of a hybrid A-Class and the range sits at 36 km at a bit under 3 bars. If fully charged, the estimated range should be 50km.

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 11:30 AM

Perfect! Those 50 km works good with my 15 km work/home daily trips. Also, after some simple calculation, I figured the total range will be around 800 km which is impressive.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 12:55 PM

50KM all-electric driving range is impressive for starters with that 48V system and odds are they have left themselves open to higher capacity batteries in MY's before mid-cycle refresh. The best thing they can do in the hybrid is get up to 100KM range. Up to 100KM with the growing charging networks where I live will mean mostly all-electric miles/km's.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 10:39 PM

Actually, I think that 50 km all-electric driving range is enough for now. They can focus on the other aspects of A-Class, while the hybrid market is still growing. However, by the end of 2020, it would be nice to see 100+ km of all-electric range.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert P. View Post
Actually, I think that 50 km all-electric driving range is enough for now. They can focus on the other aspects of A-Class, while the hybrid market is still growing. However, by the end of 2020, it would be nice to see 100+ km of all-electric range.
Agree.

What range even as little as that does is do all the heavy lifting of getting someone through busy rush hour traffic without worrying about the adding fuel consumption that comes with it. You'd be surprised by how much gas that takes up. For most people and myself that's a major selling point.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

If they're already testing the powertrain and hybrid platform, would Mercedes release this variant shortly after the full ICE models?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APlus View Post
If they're already testing the powertrain and hybrid platform, would Mercedes release this variant shortly after the full ICE models?
It depends a lot on their strategy and with Mercedes its a tough call, but give the fact with so many MB models they overlap engines and a lot of components, odds are we will see the most popular and mainstream trims launch on day 1.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page