Mercedes A-Class release date - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Mercedes A-Class release date

I wanted to start this thread to address questions many of us have about release dates for the entire A-Class sedan and hatchback line up. We've already seen the A 220 Sedan (available for order right now) but when you know Mercedes like any true enthusiast does, its clear the 220 4matic isn't where trims peak at. Mercedes has been quiet about future trims but looking at the C-Class and CLA, its easy to see what's to come. One or two different AMG trims and maybe something non-AMG inbetween that? My guess is it'll be: A300, A300 4Matic, AMG A35 and AMG A45.
Release date timelines are anyone's best guess but Mercedes is known for bringing models to market quickly in order to capitalize on time sensitive opportunities. So factor that in as we all try to figure out MB's game plan. For more details I included a report from motor1.

Quote:
It was only last weekend when someone decided to create a Mercedes A-Class Wagon for the virtual world and now that very same person has envisioned an A45 Sedan. While the former is unlikely to come to fruition, the latter has already been confirmed by AMG’s boss Tobias Moers and it will be joined by a less powerful A35 version.

With the exception of very few models such as the B-Class, V-Class, and the X-Class, most of Mercedes models have been blessed with the fully fledged AMG treatment. The three-pointed star and its go-faster Affalterbach division are now gearing up to add even more performance cars as the A35 and A45 models will be offered not only as four-door sedans, but also as five-door hatchbacks.

The A35 models will feature somewhere in the region of 300 horsepower to go after the Audi S3 Sportback and Sedan whereas the A45-badged cars will fight off Ingolstadt’s RS3 Sportback and Sedan. X-Tomi Design from Hungary has decided to see into the future of the first-ever Mercedes-AMG A45 Sedan, a car that will be powered by a brand new turbocharged 2.0-liter engine. AMG has announced the four-cylinder will have more than 400 horsepower channeled to a newly developed 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.

Besides the A-Class Sedan, Mercedes and AMG will have another “45” compact sedan in the form of the next-generation CLA 45. The regular version has been spotted as a camouflaged prototype looking like a mini-CLS, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Of course, the A45 Sedan digitally imagined here will be cheaper than its more stylish CLA 45 counterpart and it will also be more practical.

The regular A-Class Sedan will likely be unveiled in the second half of the year, following the debut of a long-wheelbase version last week at the Beijing Motor Show. As you might have guessed already, the render is based on the stretched model bound to be sold exclusively in China. The A35 might also be unveiled this year, with the A45 to arrive likely around the end of the decade.
AMG A45 Sedan Picture from X-Tomi

Last edited by Rick.P; 02-15-2019 at 04:05 PM.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:43 PM

I've already seen some listings for the A Class up on Autotrader, so deliveries are currently on going. I don't know if there has been any confirmation date of when the AMG models are set to arrive, but I'm hoping it will be at some point this spring. They have already said the A Class will be available in A35 and A45 guise.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

I know for sure that A-Class hatchbacks have been showing up but not the sedans, unless i'm a bit uninformed.
However i was more interested in high performing trims that fall under the AMG brand. Sadly with my guess we'll be waiting 6 months to a year more.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 12:17 PM

I haven't seen any sedans listed up in my area yet. I thought originally these were expected to arrive in dealerships at the end of 2018? I guess that launch got pushed back a bit.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

they have been showing up at Mercedes corporate centers, sometimes the first stop before being sent out to dealers. If you haven't by now I suggest checking with your local dealer.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 12:19 PM

It seems that the hatchback models have started to arrive prior to the sedan. Have a good feeling that this new entry level model will bring just as many newcomers to the brand as the CLA did. Merc estimates 50% of those buyers were new to MB.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page