Merc expects the A-Class to boost growth - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Merc expects the A-Class to boost growth

Every automaker has seen a dip in their sedan sales over recent years, but MB hopes that their new entry level model will help to bring them back to numbers seen in years past. They are forecasting to sell 330,000 vehicles for 2019. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...amid-suv-craze
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:48 AM

A large part of their growth is going to come from their new EQ sub brand as well. I'm not much of a crossover guy, but that's where all the interest is atm. EQC looks promising.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 03:00 PM

Biggest mistake was launching the CLA first, this A-Class sedan and hatch is what everyone wanted originally.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:12 AM

The A Class has been available in Europe since 2013, so it was just a matter of timing when MB decided to introduce it to NA. The pre-facelift models don't look all that bad either.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 02:36 PM

Except it was only a hatchback in Europe.
The Sedan is entirely new and quite revolutionary if you ask me and what we wanted from the CLA.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

The styling similarities between the A-Class sedan and CLA is fairly uncanny if you ask me. Only slight shifts in the design of the front and rear fascia, although it is for the better with this new model.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
The styling similarities between the A-Class sedan and CLA is fairly uncanny if you ask me. Only slight shifts in the design of the front and rear fascia, although it is for the better with this new model.
That's true for the new CLA but wasn't for the original one, it was the only other compact sedan option we had at the time.

Had I not known of the new design, from the rear end it would come off as a higher end model

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:31 AM

So can we assume at some point that the A-Class will inevitably replace the CLA altogether? Or will Mercedes continue to offer them side by side until they shift focus over to their new EQ sub brand?
Rick.P likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron76 View Post
So can we assume at some point that the A-Class will inevitably replace the CLA altogether? Or will Mercedes continue to offer them side by side until they shift focus over to their new EQ sub brand?
Sales determine everything and at this point all I can see happening is some markets getting more of either model.
Its already happening with the A-Class hatch sold in Canada but not the U.S.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron76 View Post
I think if Mercedes has shown us one thing, it's that they aren't afraid to have their vehicles overlap each other a little bit. I get a little bit overwhelmed sometimes with all the different variations they have with their lineup.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page