A-Class surprise reveal in Toronto - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

A-Class surprise reveal in Toronto

Mercedes revealed the region exclusive hatchback variant of the A-Class earlier this month in Toronto. The main focus for the event was to showcase the cars MBUX system, which is highly customizable and also has the ability to learn from the driver with advanced algorithms. https://www.autosphere.ca/autojourna...eveal-toronto/. MB Canada President and CEO Brian Fulton went on to say
Quote:
“I think the fact that we’re launching MBUX with the A-Class speaks to the expectations we have for this vehicle,” said Fulton. “For us it is very important to put this level of connectivity into an entry-level vehicle that attracts a younger demographic, providing them with the technology and features they expect when it comes to making a purchase.”
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 11:16 AM

Would have liked to see the AMG variant in white, but I can understand their focus on the new models technology. Time will tell how approachable the A-Class is for the younger demographic and first time MB buyers.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 10:53 AM

While a $40k MB, may be a new entry point for the brand, that's not necessarily going to be affordable for the demographic that Merc is trying to cater to. You could get a slightly used GLA for half of that.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron76 View Post
Would have liked to see the AMG variant in white, but I can understand their focus on the new models technology. Time will tell how approachable the A-Class is for the younger demographic and first time MB buyers.
White has been the most popular color even on base models regardless of car maker an segment the vehicle competes in.

Having seen the CLA in graphite grey, that's what i'm looking forward to seeing on the A-Class, white doesn't do it for me.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

You would spend upwards of $40k on a Civic Type R, so I don't think the entry point for the A Class is unreasonable at all. The level of technology that you are getting in this package is extremely rare in this bracket.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 05:12 PM

Honda is at a unique point. Everyone knows the history of them backed by the confidence of being a Honda product. CLA, even at 15% more is still reasonable.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 11:50 AM

Honda has gone a bit overboard with the styling on the FK8 imo. Its a bit too boy racer for my liking and I think that's been a turn off for a lot of people.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page