First look at U.S bound model - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

First look at U.S bound model

We've seen the hatchback model and the stretched out Chinese sedan, but now we're finally getting a glimpse of the U.S bound A-Class. It will only be available in one configuration for now the A 220, as either a FWD or 4MATIC. Under the hood will be a 2.0 liter turbocharger four cylinder that makes 188hp and 221 lb-ft of torque. Solid numbers for a compact car, but still less than the current CLA. Pricing has yet to be announced but since the current CLA 250 starts around $34k, we will probably see the base A220 just slightly below that.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 11:55 AM

It looks pretty incredible for an entry level model, I have to admit. And the amount of technology that been used directly from the S Class is pretty surprising. Decent power outputs on the base model, and I'm sure MB will take things up a notch on the AMG variants.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 03:06 PM

Can't wait to see how brands like Brabus dresses it up because I have seen the C-Class and even the Rocket 900. Although it will cost a lot, it will set the benchmark even further for what a high performing compact should be.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page