Question about AMG Package and Interior Color - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Question about AMG Package and Interior Color

Hello everyone. I am new to this Forum and new to Mercedes Benz. I am very interested in the new A Class sedan. I went to the US Mercedes Benz website and used the build feature to attempt to create the car I would like. I really like the Mojave Silver Metallic exterior color, along with the Macchiato Beige MB-Tex interior with Natural Grain Brown Walnut Wood trim. I also really like the look of the AMG Line Package. Unfortunately when I selected the interior color a pop up appeared and said I need to remove the AMG Line Package. It appears Mercedes will not allow you to have that combination. Can anyone here explain to me why that is? I thought is is because of the style of the seats (integrated headrests vs separate headrest and seats)? That wasn't it. You can get seats with the AMG Line that have the latter style. If anybody could help with to understand why Mercedes has elected to not offer the combination I am looking for I would appreciate it. Is there a possibility of doing a special order from the factory? Do the cars comedown an assembly line that would allow the Beige interior to be installed along with the exterior AMG Line package. I know there are some other features included in the AMG, but it appears most are mechanical and don't really appear to affect an interior color. Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to any answers and explanations.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 07:04 PM

I know in some cases special orders can be done but often its been with more flagship products than lower end ones.

Have you asked your dealer if its possible to go that route?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 01:05 PM

Garage
In recent history MB has not generally had a whole lot of options with light interiors and sport packages. The closest you can get with the AMG line is the brown leather. On the A-Class the seats are the exact same style, unfortunately they decided not to do the integrated headrests on the A220 sport seats (something I found out after I ordered mine), it's just a difference in stitching. My advice is skip the AMG line and get the black upgrade non-AMG wheels and a spoiler. You'll get most of the look without the added cost, plus the AMG line in person doesn't look all that great with Mojave Silver.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 12:34 AM

That lack of options when buying new have actually sent people to buy used full-AMG models from what i've seen.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page