Renntech's 592 HP Mercedes AMG A45 S - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rick.P

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Renntech's 592 HP Mercedes AMG A45 S

If you want to put Mustang GT's to shame with an unassuming Mercedes, this is it:

"The new generation Mercedes-AMG A45 has already broken the barrier for what a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine can achieve.

The mill pumps out a staggering 421 PS (415 hp / 310 kW) and 500 Nm (369 lb-ft) of torque in the A45 S model, which does the 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 3.9 seconds and tops out at 270 km/h (168 mph).

Tuners have started rolling out upgrades for the German mega hatch, and Renntech has decided to join the party. The company founded in 1989 with headquarters in Florida and Germany will launch two impressive power kits in Q1 2020, which will boost the carís output to 550 and 600 PS (542-592 hp / 405-441 kW), respectively.

These are currently in the works and require further software tweaks, in addition to a modified turbocharger or suitable exhaust system. An optional downpipe will follow this spring, and Renntech is also developing an aftermarket exhaust system for the A45, based on the original catalytic converter and/or particle filter, said to provide a sound worthy of sports cars.

If you donít want to wait a few months to get these parts, then you will be able to order the software tune from mid-January that bumps the power to 475 PS (468 hp / 349 kW) and 575 Nm (424 lb-ft) of torque. Other features that can be found on the tunerís shelves include the remote-controlled exhaust valve module for the stock exhaust, lowering spring set and 19- or 20-inch wheels."
~ CarScoops
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 02:40 PM

That is one mean looking AMG A45! I've said it before but it's incredible how much power they can get from that 4-cylidner engine. Those wheels that it comes with look great.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0nuts View Post
That is one mean looking AMG A45! I've said it before but it's incredible how much power they can get from that 4-cylidner engine. Those wheels that it comes with look great.
The CLA45 put me on notice of what these small MB's can do. It outran GT-R's!
D0nuts likes this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick.P View Post
The CLA45 put me on notice of what these small MB's can do. It outran GT-R's!
If you had told me that a few years ago I would've thought you were crazy lol.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0nuts View Post
If you had told me that a few years ago I would've thought you were crazy lol.
Yah, I though the person who told me about it was crazy. Now I look crazy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page