Who doesn't like Alfa Romeo? - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Who doesn't like Alfa Romeo?

Being so active online browsing through all the automotive blogs and forums, its not hard to notice how much Alfa Romeo has impacted the market, bringing something refreshing in the spaces that Mercedes and BMW has long dominated.

Giulia QV sits right at the top showing how high performing they can get. Hopefully they come out with a smaller more attainable sedan, Guilia QV gets close to $100,000.

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 11:54 PM

my budget doesn't allow for it, maybe an older Giulia but the newer ones are way beyond my mean hence why i'm here looking at the A-Class.

actually, because of the CLA i like the A-Class... because a base A-Class shouldn't be too far off from a higher spec CLA.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick.P View Post
my budget doesn't allow for it, maybe an older Giulia but the newer ones are way beyond my mean hence why i'm here looking at the A-Class.

actually, because of the CLA i like the A-Class... because a base A-Class shouldn't be too far off from a higher spec CLA.
You're on to something and I think what we could see a lot of are potential high trim A-Class buyers going over to used CLA AMG's. These things depreciate a lot so scooping one up for a good price shouldn't be a problem.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 03:30 PM

$36-40k is what I seen them going for in the New York City area which is probably a competitive price given how many of them are around here but I rather wait to see what the A-Class Sedan AMG is like before considering the CLA AMG
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Cheaper than I thought it would be, guess its true what they say about how used Mercedes are once they roll off the dealer lot.
If that's the case then pushing your budget more to find an Edition 1 will be worth it. They should hold value better over the long term if that matters to you.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 01:58 AM

Even with an AMG model, I doubt Mercedes will price it as high as the Giulia QV. That thing starts at around $100k and goes up from there.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

I'm thinking it will be priced just above what a CLA 45 AMG goes for which in that case is above $50,000.
At $65,000 an A45 AMG would be good enough and be far away in price from the E-Class.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianbob View Post
I'm thinking it will be priced just above what a CLA 45 AMG goes for which in that case is above $50,000.
At $65,000 an A45 AMG would be good enough and be far away in price from the E-Class.
I hope you're right because to me that's a great ball park which would find me jumping in right away. At one point I was looking into the Lexus GS-F but if the A-Class Sedan AMG turns out nice enough then I might get that instead and save myself some money.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Those are nice but the problem is it won't perform on levels that a Mercedes can so you really have to factor that into the level of fun you're after. So in that case a E63 AMG might be better for you than what a Lexus GS-F can provide. Just look at the reviews and deive these for yourself before making the final decision.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 02:33 PM

to be fair it depends on what you are looking for in a car which can make the GS or E-Class better for that person unless image stands out among all, in that case the Mercedes would be it. I know a real estate agent that had more sales with owning a Mercedes than they have with any Japanese or Korean luxury car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page