Apple CarPlay iOS13 Beta and MBUX - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By siriusV

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
CWM

Apple CarPlay iOS13 Beta and MBUX

Has anyone tried the new iOS13 Beta with MBUX? Will it automatically adjust to the wider screen of the MBUX or does Mercedes need to do an adjustment on their end and do an over the air update to the A class to get it to fill the wider screen?
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 02:02 PM

Haven't done it myself but a friend that did reports no issues so far. I doubt it will be the same for everyone, bug will happen from time to time.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
CWM

Tried iOS 13 Beta in A220

I tried CarPlay ios13 in my A220. It does not fill the right 10.25 inch screen and does not take up any more space than ios12. The problem is the Mercedes has the home icon and a message icon on the top of the screen and the driver and passenger temperature setting on the bottom lower portion of the screen. Mercedes would need to do a change to their software if they wanted CarPlay to fill more space. I doubt will MBUX they would want to do that.
Other than the above ios13 CarPlay works fine.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 12:20 PM

Hi,

I've just started a petition here : http://chng.it/GCyhyYVbkT to ask Mercedes to upgrade their MBUX system and let us to have Carplay full screen.

I tried to explain the problem but english is not my native langage, so if you like me to improve the text please send me updates.
amgpwr likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusV View Post
Hi,

I've just started a petition here : http://chng.it/GCyhyYVbkT to ask Mercedes to upgrade their MBUX system and let us to have Carplay full screen.

I tried to explain the problem but english is not my native langage, so if you like me to improve the text please send me updates.
Good call.

I'll share it and pass on to other a-class owners I know not on this board.
What do you think the chances are MB will do anything?

Media attention might help.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 06:59 PM

After driving a 2019 C300 loaner for a week and having a full screen Apple Car Play on iOS13, was really disappointed when I got in my A220 last night and the Car Play only covered 2/3 of the screen. I sure hope MB gets off their butts and updates the software to accomodate a full screen. Having a multi view (maps, media, and calendar) all on the same screen is a big plus. However only utilizing part of the screen severly diminishes the effects.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusV View Post
Hi,

I'm going to share this with some other friends of mine who are Mercedes owners. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Beasor Jr View Post
After driving a 2019 C300 loaner for a week and having a full screen Apple Car Play on iOS13, was really disappointed when I got in my A220 last night and the Car Play only covered 2/3 of the screen. I sure hope MB gets off their butts and updates the software to accomodate a full screen. Having a multi view (maps, media, and calendar) all on the same screen is a big plus. However only utilizing part of the screen severly diminishes the effects.
Worst case scenario is we end up waiting 6 months or more, maybe till the next model year roll out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page