Apple CarPlay iOS13 Beta and MBUX - Page 2 - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
CWM

There are several people in Europe that are online and have 2020 A Class vehicles. When on Apple CarPlay they have the same CarPlay as ours and it does not fill the screen. I do not have high hopes that MB will upgrade the software on existing vehicles even though technically they have the capability to do so over the air.

Since I have owned my A220 which I took delivery in April Iíve only seen one over the air upgrade and it has been for maps.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 12:10 AM

MB is too big to care. Its just another incentive for buyers to trade in for a newer A-Class.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWM View Post
There are several people in Europe that are online and have 2020 A Class vehicles. When on Apple CarPlay they have the same CarPlay as ours and it does not fill the screen. I do not have high hopes that MB will upgrade the software on existing vehicles even though technically they have the capability to do so over the air.

Since I have owned my A220 which I took delivery in April Iíve only seen one over the air upgrade and it has been for maps.
I doubt they will as its one less reason for people to see out a newer Mercedes
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2020, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusV View Post
Hi,

I've just started a petition here : http://chng.it/GCyhyYVbkT to ask Mercedes to upgrade their MBUX system and let us to have Carplay full screen.

I tried to explain the problem but english is not my native langage, so if you like me to improve the text please send me updates.
Yeah, maybe we shouldn't expect MB to receive our petition. I seek some other solutions, such as adding a carplay box to my car. Oh my God. I don't know what interesting things will happen, good luck.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2020, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWM View Post

You're right, maybe. More people have found carplay solution for their cars which came without carplay. They are also enjoying the fun of wireless carplay. I donít know if this is the same as some carplay box sellers say. It may take a while to count on MB itself to bring carplay upgrades.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page