Significance of the Headlights - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Significance of the Headlights

Everyone reading this should have noticed by now how different the Concept A front fascia is from what Mercedes sells all across its line up and with that typically follows questions of why certain things were done. It's all part of MB's new take on design by introducing what they call the "predator face" and those large trapezoidal headlamps play a significant role.

Quote:
Key design elements include what Mercedes-Benz describes as the predator face – an aggressive front section dominated by a low-set, oval-shaped grille, large trapezoidal headlamps and a contoured hood. The striking new look will be shared across the new A-Class lineup as well as other new Mercedes models, including the successor to today’s second-generation CLS due later this year.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 04:53 PM

Saw in your other post about how similar it is to the AMG hypercar concept which is impressive. No current Mercedes model wears a similar design so not only are we getting an affordable compact but a model that ushers in a new era of design for the brand. Lots of firsts here.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

AMG GT is another model I can recall that has it and odds are it isn't the only one.

The only thing is from model to model the predator face will take on a slightly different course

AMG for reference...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 08:04 PM

just about every Mercedes product will be like this and lucky for us, the recent Maybach concept might have shown how extreme the predator face can get unless what i'm seeing here relates to a different design philosophy

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

But that's made for a sub-brand of Mercedes so whatever you're seeing here is more specific to Maybach than it is to anything else sold from MB.

Since we're on the topic of Maybach, do you think we will see them get into cheaper models like the A-Class sedan and hatch?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 12:12 PM

don't see anything else special happening with the current maybach models in terms of design so this could be more of a design exercise than an official model that really stands out from any coupe MB sells right now

I will believe it when I see it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

I had to look into that and its a shame that the Maybach S-Class isn't that much different from the regular S-Class, or maybe it is a good thing? But to be honest I think if they want to rival Rolls Royce, doing more unique things to the S-Class is required.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 02:19 AM

To me Rolls Royce is the epitome of luxury cars when it comes to cabin amenities even if they're performance isn't the best in its segment. But that's something most of us won't put above performance.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APlus View Post
To me Rolls Royce is the epitome of luxury cars when it comes to cabin amenities even if they're performance isn't the best in its segment. But that's something most of us won't put above performance.
With the displacement these have the potential for performance is and always has been their so its just a matter of someone wanting to unleash it. I think there might be some tuners that can make it happen. With models like the Wraith that could have the most tuners going after it... odds are its happening.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Hamann, Novitec and Mansory are a few I can recall. In those supercar videos on youtube you can spot a bunch of them that vloggers talk about. Recently some pro snowboarder customized a Wraith, also with a tune.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page