Tires on the Concept - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Tires on the Concept

While we wait for official specifications to flood in, all we have are visuals and what I was to make out from a picture online of the concept is its wearing the following tires:
  • Continental ContiSport Contact 235/40 ZR20

Said picture for reference:

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 03:22 PM

Not a bad tire option to have on lower tirms but once they start releasing the full on AMG model then we will need something that can take on some real abuse, like a Pilot Super Sport or whatever is ideal for that specific model.

But those PSS tires have been some of the best anyone can get their hands on.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 01:56 AM

Those are certainly unique, though I'm more partial to gunmetal grey wheels shod in Pilot Super Sport.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by APlus View Post
Those are certainly unique, though I'm more partial to gunmetal grey wheels shod in Pilot Super Sport.
Im just sitting here patiently waiting to see what Edition 1 wheels will look like. They already did a great job with the C Class, can only imagine what this will be like with the new design language.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 10:35 AM

there's already an A-Class hatch offered in an Edition One package so come time for the sedan to launch, we might be seeing the same things happening. I wouldn't mind those wheels to be honest, check out the picture below:

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

If it had the same predator face as the sedan concept then I would say that's a good idea but at this rate it seems that Mercedes would go a new route. That A-Class hatch generation is a bit old too, keep that in mind.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 08:38 PM

don't know if this spy shot is very accurate or provides enough to say what will happen but its front end seems to take after the A-Class sedan concept, what do you think?

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

back on that point about tires which this thread was created on, which michelin tires do you think are on that A-Class hatch? I can see it says Michelin but not the model name. If they can work for the hatch what's to say it won't on the sedan
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 12:23 PM

Isn't Goodyear one of the main tire providers for Mercedes? Would the A-Class not come with those instead?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APlus View Post
Isn't Goodyear one of the main tire providers for Mercedes? Would the A-Class not come with those instead?
As I know, Mercedes have their "Approved" wheels and tires. They include Pirelli, Goodyear, Michelin, and Continental. But you right, most often Mercedes come with Goodyear tires.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page