HELP - SRS MALFUNCTION LESS THAN 12k/kms!! - Page 2 - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgpwr View Post
Welcome.

Mercedes is usually great with handling issues. The only drawbacks are with completely new models like this and buying them early on. With it comes a longer waiting time.

Do keep us posted.
Got my car back last night. They replaced the pyrofuse. Apparently this fuse is supposed to cut the power from the battery to the engine in the event of an accident. Good to have the car back.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vant View Post
Issue was fixed after spending about 2-3 weeks in the shop. The replacement seat belt ended up being the solution. SRS warning code has not re-appeared after a few days of driving.
I really hope this is the only issue you have to deal with and it's smooth driving from here on out. As a fellow Canadian I've been interested in getting one. Please keep us updated.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0nuts View Post
I really hope this is the only issue you have to deal with and it's smooth driving from here on out. As a fellow Canadian I've been interested in getting one. Please keep us updated.
Spoke too soon. As my wife was driving home yesterday, the SRS Malfunction popped up again. I will be taking back to the shop this morning.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Beasor Jr View Post
Spoke too soon. As my wife was driving home yesterday, the SRS Malfunction popped up again. I will be taking back to the shop this morning.
Oh man that's rough, sorry to hear. Have you heard anything yet from Mercedes? Did anything specific happen when your wife was driving or did the light just pop up?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0nuts View Post
Oh man that's rough, sorry to hear. Have you heard anything yet from Mercedes? Did anything specific happen when your wife was driving or did the light just pop up?
Got my car back yesterday after 2+ weeks. They replaced the SRS Control Module. Hopefully this is the last for this issue. Only time will tell.
The three instances where the light came on:
1. Driving normal freeway speed.
2. Turning the car on (not starting the engine).
3. Driving no more than 25MPH.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Beasor Jr View Post
Got my car back yesterday after 2+ weeks. They replaced the SRS Control Module. Hopefully this is the last for this issue. Only time will tell.
The three instances where the light came on:
1. Driving normal freeway speed.
2. Turning the car on (not starting the engine).
3. Driving no more than 25MPH.
Glad to hear you got the car back. Here's hoping nothing else happens to you. Keep us posted with how it goes.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 03:23 AM

Its still a very new car and the odds of issues happening are higher. Hopefully they happen to a lesser extent.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page