A-Class engine options - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

A-Class engine options

Powertrain choices in the upcoming A-Class will vary slightly from region to region. Those in Canada will only have one engine choice, the A 250, which is powered by a 2.0 litre turbo four. Other markets will be have the choice of an A180 with a 4 cylinder turbodiesel, or A 200 1.3l turbo four, making 153hp. It makes sense for MB to limit options on an entry level model, as they did something similar with the C-Class wagon.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 06:14 PM

Happy to see that this is happening because it makes maintenance easier for those of us that want a simple a-b car.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out as they roll out to the market.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

I also curious to see what sort of tunes we'll see in the AMG variants, and there are also some rumors of PHEV variants down the line. I think Mercedes has confirmed that there aren't currently any plans for full electric models. Rumors suggest the PHEVS will be named the A220e 4Matic and the A250e 4Matic, and both will use a 1.3l petrol turning out 136hp and 163hp respectively.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
I also curious to see what sort of tunes we'll see in the AMG variants, and there are also some rumors of PHEV variants down the line. I think Mercedes has confirmed that there aren't currently any plans for full electric models. Rumors suggest the PHEVS will be named the A220e 4Matic and the A250e 4Matic, and both will use a 1.3l petrol turning out 136hp and 163hp respectively.
You should keep an eye out for brands like Brabus which are quick to modify MB products. But what kind of power are you after? Or better yet what overall performance? As you increase power other areas will have to be improved as well.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

With proper AMG trims on the horizon, I don't really think there will be much need to turn to aftermarket tuning companies. I have been waiting to buy into the electric/hybrid segment though and I wouldn't mind the option of having the A-Class as an option.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
With proper AMG trims on the horizon, I don't really think there will be much need to turn to aftermarket tuning companies. I have been waiting to buy into the electric/hybrid segment though and I wouldn't mind the option of having the A-Class as an option.
OEM offerings from Mercedes are great buy there will always be demand for aftermarket, just look at how robust of a company Brabus is, all they focus on are Mercedes products! Tuning is more region based, Europeans love Brabus far more than Americans.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

I believe that Brabus dealers are fairly limited in North America, hence why they aren't as popular here. I just don't think of all MB's models that the A-Class will be as popular for tuning, as its meant to be an entry level vehicle. Though I expect to see some highly customized AMG variants.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page