Doug DeMuro reviews the A Class sedan - Mercedes A-Class Sedan USA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Doug DeMuro reviews the A Class sedan

Doug DeMuro posted up his video review of the new A-Class yesterday. He was very impressed with the cabin design and the amount of tech that's been placed in Mercs newest sedan, but did encounter some issues with the voice commands. I also noticed at the 11 min mark that there is a check engine light on?
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 07:00 PM

This is the first time I got a real look at the interior, photos don't do it justice nor the 360-degree view that Mercedes has on their configurator.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:53 PM

The interior is a huge win, but I still feel like they haven't done enough to distinguish this car from the ones that are made in China. If the model he is sitting in starts at over $50k, I think it makes more sense to just get a used E or C Class with more kit. Both the check engine light and airbag light were illuminated in this video...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 05:50 PM

Design alone has been a big win for me on all fronts. Its one area I felt Mercedes dropped the ball with the CLA.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
The interior is a huge win, but I still feel like they haven't done enough to distinguish this car from the ones that are made in China. If the model he is sitting in starts at over $50k, I think it makes more sense to just get a used E or C Class with more kit. Both the check engine light and airbag light were illuminated in this video...
When the key is in the car but the engine isn't running, all the lights on the dash are going to be lit. There is also the chance that this model was still in transport mode, which disables a bunch of features and functionality during shipping.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 03:17 PM

If it means having an interior that's good enough but not perfect, all to meet cost cutting demands then i'm all for it.
Of all areas to be changed, this is one of the easiest. However the advantage is in MB's hands with the prestige that comes with owning one.
Factoring in that, most people will overlook flaws like the a-class' interior.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:52 AM

I don't think anyone here is worried about physical flaws or fit and finish in a MB product. Its still fantastic considering this is the cheapest model they introduced, but people pay attention to things like warning lights, especially during early coverage.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron76 View Post
I don't think anyone here is worried about physical flaws or fit and finish in a MB product. Its still fantastic considering this is the cheapest model they introduced, but people pay attention to things like warning lights, especially during early coverage.
I think its fair to say people are given what happened to the CLA.

Also no one knows the cost cutting efforts that were made. Often they take a while to show up and if/when they show, it might no be pretty.

Fortunately build quality is far better this time around.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page